Does your Facebook page’s URL look something like this?
By default, your Facebook page’s URL is made up of your page’s name plus a long number. If you want to put the URL on your business card, or spell it out over the phone, this is obviously not ideal.
The good news is that you can create a custom URL (sometimes called a “vanity URL”) with a username and no number, like this:
In the past, you needed 25 likes to do this, but you can now do this at any time – even when you’re setting up your page.
It only takes a couple of minutes to secure your custom URL, so do it today if at all possible: the longer you delay, the higher the chance that someone will take the username that you want!
1. Login to Facebook and go to your page. (You can find it in the left-hand column of your Facebook home page, under Pages.)
2. At the top of your admin panel, click “Edit page” and select “Update Page Info”, as shown in the screenshot below:
You’ll then see this at the top of the Page Info tab:
3. Under “Page Address”, click the “Enter a Facebook web address” link, then click the new link that appears – “Create a web address for this Page?”
4. Your page should be automatically selected from the drop-down menu. Enter the username you want and click “Check availability”. You’ll need to make sure your username fits Facebook’s guidelines.
5. Make sure you’re happy with your username (and double-check the spelling) before confirming it. Once you’re sure you’re happy, click “Confirm”.
And that’s it! You should see this confirmation message:
Your old URL will redirect to the new one, so you don’t need to worry about updating your previous links.
Have you had a custom Facebook page URL for ages, or did this post prompt you to get yours? Let us know in the comments.